Paphiopedilum victoria-regina

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice flower, excellent photo. I have a Paph. Salvador Dali (liemianum x victoria-regina) that is working on it's 26th bud
on one stem and it's 11th flower on another. Rarely not in bloom.

What did you use as your backdrop for the photo? It looks like textured glass. Shower door with shower light on? I normally use black or dark blue velvet but I like your effect with the backlighting.

I'd love to see more of those beautiful leaves! I go back and forth on which species in this section is my favorite, and the ones with mottled leaves usually go straight to the top! The flowers are cute on this plant.

Thats a fine flower, very elegant, congrats. As to the brown leaf tips I took notice of them at the first view on your photo. They can be caused by several reasons, dry air vice versa not enough humidity, too much or too less watering and last but not least too much fertilising. Disregarding of the brown leaf tips your plant looks very healthy.

I'd love to see more of those beautiful leaves! I go back and forth on which species in this section is my favorite, and the ones with mottled leaves usually go straight to the top! The flowers are cute on this plant.
It's funny, but you can find both type of leafes motteled ones and pure green ones within the same species in the section Cochlopetalum.

Was this its first bloom? I have a victoria-regina with only one fan of leaves. Wondering how many years I have to wait:(.

On some of my plants the brown leaf tips are caused by a shortage of calcium. The plant needs it every day for cell growth. It is not trans-located from old leaves to the new leaves. Your rain water and RO water may be short on calcium and or magnesium. First Rays K-Lite fertilizer has cal mag in it. 12-1-1-10Ca-3Mg. It works for my plants with RO water.

Was this its first bloom? I have a victoria-regina with only one fan of leaves. Wondering how many years I have to wait:(.

It has 3 other fans (growths) of leaves. Sorry! Maybe others can chime in.

On some of my plants the brown leaf tips are caused by a shortage of calcium. The plant needs it every day for cell growth. It is not trans-located from old leaves to the new leaves. Your rain water and RO water may be short on calcium and or magnesium. First Rays K-Lite fertilizer has cal mag in it. 12-1-1-10Ca-3Mg. It works for my plants with RO water.

Thanks; I do have similar ferts.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back