Paphiopedilum victoria-mariae

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

paphjoint

In flower since may last year and one more flower to go
Enjoy

Paphiopedilum%20victoria%20maria-evolt.jpg

Beautiful photo as usual, Uri! This is one that I don't have, it's great to see such nice pictures of species like this.

Just out of curiosity, do you intend the background of your photo to be black, or do you expose it as dark grey on purpose? Photoshop tells me that the background is around 25 on all 3 RGB channels rather than 0. I used to do the same thing, but accidentally, because my monitor showed just about all grays as black :)

Anyway, it works well with the smoothness of your photos.

- Matt

Thanks Matt !!
I don't know about that -- the background is a black piece of cloth--- and it looks black to me

Beutiful flower and exellent photo.
What camera and lens do you use?
I have a Nikon D70, Zoom and 60 mm Macro.

That looks great Uri. Rarely seen, so you aught to breed it!

I tried to bring up a small one, but it just didn't make it.

I have not, until now, been impressed with victoria-mariae. Is it a pure species or some close to species hybrid?

I have not, until now, been impressed with victoria-mariae. Is it a pure species or some close to species hybrid?

There has been some debate over the species status of just about every member of the cochlopetalum group. This one may be in the least debate.

It's also one of the hardest of that group to grow. Kind of like delanatii from the parvi group, this one is found over granite instead of limestone, and prefers an acidic substrate.

Thanks Rick.

Maybe I'll pass on this one for a while then. What would you consider the easiest of the cochlopetalum group to grow and flower. I like the idea of year round flowering

Thanks Rick.

Maybe I'll pass on this one for a while then. What would you consider the easiest of the cochlopetalum group to grow and flower. I like the idea of year round flowering

All the rest are pretty easy. I've had primulinum and moquetianum going for years with very little thought toward them.

Latest posts

Back