Paphiopedilum venustum ‘Almost Martian’

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never had much luck blooming this species. I threw away entire batch last year. The space was quickly claimed by other paphs 😂

They do like lots of water in summer and never dry out. Using an inert material like an orchiata/charcoal/perlite mix is best to prevent root rot. In winter, moist but not wet.

I water them more often than other paphs, except the wardiis, which is also wet all summer (dryer in winter).

They do like lots of water in summer and never dry out. Using an inert material like an orchiata/charcoal/perlite mix is best to prevent root rot. In winter, moist but not wet.

I water them more often than other paphs, except the wardiis, which is also wet all summer (dryer in winter).
It was disappointing because they are about the easiest & most vigorous out of flask. They grew big fast. I kept one big compot to myself. The plants got big & looked great but never ever bloomed and then I lost interest being busy with parvis. Then, I just tossed the whole thing on one sunday morning. It was so liberating! 😂

Back