Paphiopedilum vejvarutianum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phred

Reaction score
I bought a couple of these in 2015. They were blooming size when I got them. One bloomed the next year and I’ve been waiting 5 years for this one to bloom. I guess it was worth the wait. It’s a pretty large flower compared to the first one. I’ll get measurements in a few days when I’m sure it done expanding.0E8BED4F-65A4-4030-B165-5B3C37FC9DBE.jpeg

This is such a great compact Paph!

I have one that bloomed annually until we moved into our new home. It bloomed the first year. It has been 5 years and no new flowers. I bumped up the light this year. Hopefully that will inspire it. Thanks for reminding me about why I hold on to it!

Congrats, Fred - well done! 🏆

I'd been waiting quite impatiently for my own vejvarut to bloom again - just reread your post about waiting 5 years for the second flowering. Thank you for sharing that experience - helped me to adopt a more buddhist attitude to the species! 😉

Kind regards, Jens

Congrats, Fred - well done! 🏆

I'd been waiting quite impatiently for my own vejvarut to bloom again - just reread your post about waiting 5 years for the second flowering. Thank you for sharing that experience - helped me to adopt a more buddhist attitude to the species! 😉

Kind regards, Jens
Hi Jens
It was 5 years after this plants sibling had bloomed before this plant bloomed the first time.

Last edited:
Back