Paphiopedilum trantuanii

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like Mr. Tran Tuan Anh after having sold out and wiped the colony of trantuanii started to sell henryanums under that name...

Foul! Not fair!

I bloomed about 100 last year like that, found out he ordered at that very same time henryanum from Ha Giang, not Son La, so of course they bloomed out as henryanums. He sold coccineum under that name too.

In the early days of trantuanii, the colony has been collected out in a matter of days, I still have some plants from that collection here. Most of it was offered at prices too high to be sold, in the 30-50usd/growth so they just slowly died in Hanoi at the seller's place.

All the sellers in Hanoi are totally unable to keep a paph alive more than 2 months...

... I still have some plants from that collection here...

Sanderianum, do you by chance have a picture of this species? I have not found yet any picture which I could trust to be this species... it would be interesting to have a reference from a trustful source (I have a plant from teh same source as Pierre63)

Pierre. I am just curious to see how my "Paph. trantuanii" will bloom.. coming from the same nursery as yours... I think I can expect a nicely colored henryanum too... also looking forward to see Damas' plantblooming (also from the same nursery)

Back