Paphiopedilum tranlienianum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hakone

Reaction score
2 different Colors ( Nursery Lan Rung )

Attachments

• Tran Lien1.jpg
    Tran Lien1.jpg
    310.8 KB · Views: 37
  • Tran Lien2.jpg
    Tran Lien2.jpg
    267.7 KB · Views: 35
Is it really that pink? Looks like the colour is 'off' in the photo.
It is possible , I saw a tranlienianum of near dark red (very little brownish in it) from Miki Orchids,
tranlienianum has greenish white, light green taupe, tan, dark brown green, to reddish brown, purplish brown.
So pink is possible, however you have to observe it when the bloom is fresh to be sure it is really pink, because flower color changes during its lifespan, many purplish brown tranlienianum color fade to pink when the flower almost done blooming and start to wrinkle.

The red/pink forms are amazing! Now I have added to my wishlist! Thanks for sharing!
On that note, I hope my tranlieniaum alba will grow more. It has been quite stagnant the last 6 months. It's next to my regular type tranlienianum who is getting bushy.

On that note, I hope my tranlieniaum alba will grow more. It has been quite stagnant the last 6 months. It's next to my regular type tranlienianum who is getting bushy.

I have the same experience: the regular form grows bushy and green, the albas grow super slow and anemic-looking. Fingers crossed for this fall.

Latest posts

Back