Paphiopedilum tonsum fm alboviride ‘LimeLight’ HCC/AOS

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I finally got my Olaf album book. Lots of pics but not much descriptions on them or culture.

Also got the pollen from Glen Decker’s other tonsum album ‘Piping Rock’ which I intend to breed with mine. A bit larger than my flower. I’ve included the picture of it below:

F3770475-8EE1-4A8E-BDF2-9A134425D2EC.jpeg

So I finally got my Olaf album book. Lots of pics but not much descriptions on them or culture.

Also got the pollen from Glen Decker’s other tonsum album ‘Piping Rock’ which I intend to breed with mine. A bit larger than my flower. I’ve included the picture of it below:

View attachment 18091
That will be exciting! Personally, I think yours is prettier overall but obviously this one is impressive too.

I agree with BrucherT... Personally I think you would be better if selfing yours. Unless the pollen plant is much bigger, and that’s something you’re looking for, your plant appears better in every respect.

This PR tonsum is much bigger than mine. I will sib them together and use my pollen on another friend’s tonsum album with fuller flowers (that one had an AM/AOS).
The PR tonsum dorsal reflexes heavily at the base and the petals reflex also. These traits are hard to breed out. Yours is better and my guess is that the offspring from a first generation selfing will be also. Cross with the PR clone and you’ll have to line breed for quality with size... more than 1 generation. In my humble opinion... Lol

I agree with BrucherT... Personally I think you would be better if selfing yours. Unless the pollen plant is much bigger, and that’s something you’re looking for, your plant appears better in every respect.
The pollen plant is indeed much bigger overall. I want to increase the size of these flowers and somewhere in this F1 will have the big flowers of good shape. I will self it next blooming.

The PR tonsum dorsal reflexes heavily at the base and the petals reflex also. These traits are hard to breed out. Yours is better and my guess is that the offspring from a first generation selfing will be also. Cross with the PR clone and you’ll have to line breed for quality with size... more than 1 generation. In my humble opinion... Lol
Phred, you are probably right. But to get a chance to use this pollen is a blessing. So here goes to random chance! The flower was pollinated yesterday by PR.

After it got its award at spring of this year in April, it grew fast after repotting to flower again. Flowers are a little bigger in some areas; like the petal widths now are 2.2 cm vs 1.8 cm. Presently dorsal sepal looks straight but may reflex at base in a few days.

it’s one of my favourite album forms/shapes as it’s similar to javanicum albums.

NS 12 x 11 cm
DS 5 x 5 cm
P 2.2 x 7 cm

View attachment 17412 View attachment 17415 View attachment 17414

Latest posts

Back