Paphiopedilum tigrinum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fabrice

Reaction score
Not an easy specie in my growing conditions. I lost my previous big plant and bought this one some months ago.
I hope to keep it as long as possible because this specie is simply wonderful, even if this clone is nos the best we can find.

34701422715_2428b83d50_b.jpg

34660999806_d704afe0f1_b.jpg

Yes. Very nice. This is in my list too. Maybe you can share to us your success in culture later on maybe a year from now.
Congrats!!!

Beautiful markings! I'd keep it!

I have a nice one of this species. I had a lot of trouble keeping it alive for many years. It would not clump and it nearly died on more than one occasion. Then, I started growing it like a Cattleya....bright light and I allowed it to go dry inbetween each watering. It did quite well. So, I potted it into a 6" net pot and hung it up where it gets Vanda light. Because it's in a net pot and it's hanging up where there is more light and air movement, I water it often. Even so, it does go completely dry very often, just like you would normally grow a Cattleya.

Now, my plant is clumping a lot and there's another spike coming up. It's well on it's way to becoming a nice specimen plant in a few years.

Good luck with this new plant of yours. This species is certainly worth the effort!

Very nice I love this species great bloom and great plant, mine is just spiking at the mo

I use a 50/50 mix of coarse grade, horticultural perlite (the type that is available in any garden centre....not the really coarse "sponge rock") and small size coconut husk chips. I filter out the perlite dust before mixing the perlite with the CHC.

It's beautiful! How long did it take from the bud showing to flowering? I'm asking because I have a tigrinum that's been in low bud since last autumn. I thought it had blasted but it didn't, it's just growing veeeery slowly. Hopefully, the flower will make it.

Latest posts

Back