Quantcast

paphiopedilum tigrinum album

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

BrucherT

ST Supporter
ST Supporter
Reaction score
Skeptical. If this were real, why only one strange leprechaun-green photo?

Guldal

ST Supporter
ST Supporter
Reaction score
I have no clue to wether this picture is genuine or not... but the albino form of tigrinum is published as fma. smaragdinum (which epithet would fit the pictured flower to a 't'.

hamiltons

Reaction score
It's the same photo Popow has on his website. No idea wether it's his or not.
It is Popows plant...I have several photos from him with it in better quality, so it is I just don´t know why this photo is of such poor quality...I have attached the original photos of his plant, actually he has 2 different types of tigrinum album, which I have attached also

Attachments

musa

Reaction score
Absolutely amazing! Especially the first one.
Is it a smaragdianum? It is describes without any markings but in the photo I see some, but I'm not sure if green of different saturation is defined as "maculato or striato / spotted or striped" or not?

BrucherT

ST Supporter
ST Supporter
Reaction score
It is Popows plant...I have several photos from him with it in better quality, so it is I just don´t know why this photo is of such poor quality...I have attached the original photos of his plant, actually he has 2 different types of tigrinum album, which I have attached also
The first two photos look like tigrinum and yay, they are in focus. The latter 3 photos look like something else, hirsutissimum maybe.

BrucherT

ST Supporter
ST Supporter
Reaction score
This is one of two holy grails of mine. Stunning flowers!
And the other? Drumroll please... only one I want is purpuratum... and I might be getting it from what was supposed to be a half-album from Sam... but... the bud is looking mighty white....

DrLeslieEe

Collector of new, rare and albino paph species
ST Supporter
Reaction score
And the other? Drumroll please... only one I want is purpuratum... and I might be getting it from what was supposed to be a half-album from Sam... but... the bud is looking mighty white....
The other holy grail is ...... wait for it.............. .............................parishii alba!!

richgarrison

Reaction score
The other holy grail is ...... wait for it.............. .............................parishii alba!!
Sam has "Paph. parishii var. dianthum album x sib"

but i suppose you are looking for straight parishii?

Latest posts