Paphiopedilum sukhakulii (black petal types)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Leslie, both are great, nothing more to say than congrats to this lovely buy.
I hope you could buy them for a wholesale price :) :)

They are nice. The first one in particular is really good. Very wide dark petals. I bought a flask from Sam of this line of breeding. I have found them pretty slow going.

They are spectacular. You look as though you had a good time at the show.
I too have a flask of this type from Sam and the first spikes are now appearing. Can’t wait to see what they look like.

Yes these black petal ones are not as strong as the regular types.
Please send pics of the flasked babies when they open. Interested to see how the black petals inherit the pattern.

Hope this isn’t a hijack but hoping someone can help. I would like this sukhakulii. Or close to it. I realize it’s off-trend.

Attachments

• CC24D83B-CA8B-43B9-88BE-C7E99F081930.png
    CC24D83B-CA8B-43B9-88BE-C7E99F081930.png
    523.3 KB · Views: 20
Hope this isn’t a hijack but hoping someone can help. I would like this sukhakulii. Or close to it. I realize it’s off-trend.
Sorry, it’s going to seem like I don’t realize this is an eBay ad. I do. But the seller can’t isolate one like this from his collection, I guess, even though it’s offered with other forms. So I’m hoping someone here can point.

The picture you sent is of a typical sukh. Several nurseries including Paph Paradise, Marlowe, Piping Rock and Orchids Limited have these. Just order from them a NBS (around $35-45) and they will look generally like this.

The ones I showed are specially bred to have more spots on the petals as well as wider petals. These are ten times the price of regular ones, esp selected ones like these.

Latest posts

Back