Paphiopedilum sugiyamanum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you, all. This one seems to be growing well.

Marvelous culture and plant. Any tips to share ?

Philippe, I'm not sure. This one seems to grow vigorously (compared to others). It is at the edge of growth tent, so it is probably getting a bit less light (I'm guessing 100micromol/m^2/s or less). Air humidity is high (probably around 80-90%), but I don't water frequently (every 5 days or so, which is probably less than ideal for this plant). I use 30ppmN whatever fertilizer (I think it is either K-Lite or Grow More 30-10-10 and occasionally Fish Emulsion recently) all the time. It is about 27C/15C most of the time (it is in the basement, so there is some yearly fluctuation, but it is small). The potting media is Med. Fir Birk:Sponge Rock (Medium Perlite): feather moss from the backyard: quartz sand:Carquest UltraSorb 100% Diatomaceous Earth = 5:2:2:1:0.5. In the first year I added lime stone chips (much bigger than pebbles) to the bottom of the pot with good growth, but I forgot to do it in 2016 (the last time when I repotted).

Latest posts

Back