Paphiopedilum sugiyamanum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

naoki

Reaction score
I got this one relatively recently (about 1 year ago) from Ooi Leng Sun. It's not a popular one, but I like this kind. The photos with the gray background is taken 3-5 days after opening, and the other is taken around 8-10 days after opening. I think that it will curl back a bit more like the original photo. Here is a link to my blog post (with a couple more photos of details).

Paphiopedilum sugiyamanum on Flickr

The Spirit of Ecstasy (Rolls Royce) kind of thing is happening. It's a cool feature of this species.

Last edited:
Is this the same flower from the first to the last picture? Your clone is a much darker flower then what I'm accustom to if the first PICs are true.

Different. I like it. Plus I had no clue you had a blog. Very nice as well Naoki.

Is this the same flower from the first to the last picture? Your clone is a much darker flower then what I'm accustom to if the first PICs are true.

They are from the same plant. The last one was taken under light which isn't great for photography (and it wasn't easy to get decent color), but you are right the first one is a little too much intensification. So it is less intense than the first one.

[Edit] Actually I looked at the photo again on a better monitor, and you were completely right, the first photo had the color quite off. So I adjusted the color a little bit. It is still a touch too warm, though.

Last edited:
Back