paphiopedilum stonei

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

paphjoint

another of my seedgrown stonei's
Paphiopedilum%20stonei%20last%20to%20flower.jpg

Very nice :) How long did it take from seed? I have a few flasks of these that are creeping along...

Looks like that first bloom still have a little growing to do in the petals :) The dorsal is a great shape at this stage, though. Very attractive :)

- Matt

This one took almost 10 years but other plants in the batch flowered 2 years ago - I think that time lapse could have been squeezed down quite a bit as I initially didn't have any MH equipment

Beautiful! I have several stonei and am patiently waiting for one of them to bloom....it would be nice to have several flower but I'll settle for one right now.

paphjoint said:
This one took almost 10 years but other plants in the batch flowered 2 years ago - I think that time lapse could have been squeezed down quite a bit as I initially didn't have any MH equipment

What is MH Uri? How big is this plant?

paphjoint said:
A two growths plant

MH is Metal Halide (lamp)

That makes sense. I have had mine in bright light since they were seedlings, and they are now putting on 2nd growths at 2-3 years with a LS of almost 24".

Latest posts

Back