paphiopedilum stonei

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

G

gore42

Very nice :) How long did it take from seed? I have a few flasks of these that are creeping along...

Looks like that first bloom still have a little growing to do in the petals :) The dorsal is a great shape at this stage, though. Very attractive :)

- Matt

P

paphjoint

This one took almost 10 years but other plants in the batch flowered 2 years ago - I think that time lapse could have been squeezed down quite a bit as I initially didn't have any MH equipment

Wendy

Just me!
Reaction score
Beautiful! I have several stonei and am patiently waiting for one of them to bloom....it would be nice to have several flower but I'll settle for one right now.

Rick

Reaction score
paphjoint said:
This one took almost 10 years but other plants in the batch flowered 2 years ago - I think that time lapse could have been squeezed down quite a bit as I initially didn't have any MH equipment
What is MH Uri? How big is this plant?

SlipperFan

Addicted
Reaction score
That's really gorgeous. Now that it has started blooming, in your experience, Uri, will it bloom easily from now on?

Rick

Reaction score
paphjoint said:
A two growths plant

MH is Metal Halide (lamp)
That makes sense. I have had mine in bright light since they were seedlings, and they are now putting on 2nd growths at 2-3 years with a LS of almost 24".