Paphiopedilum stonei

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eggshells

Humongous Gnat
Reaction score
Great job growing and blooming those! This species goes on the ever growing list of Paph species that mock me by not blooming for me (adductum is right up there on the list too). I blast them well enough, but no flowers!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Awesome growing Eggshells! Hard to decide which clone is better, the outstretched petal one or the more droopy twisty one...

Great species adn very well-grown! I like this species far more than rothschildianum. It's not because rothschildianum is ba bad species, it's been line bred too much. There's much more "wild" in stonei (of course more line breeding might ruin that in my eyes).

Very nice. I'll get a stonei when albums become affordable!!

They are very pricey $50 for 1/flask of stonei album

Anything wrong with a regular stonei?

I think Eric collect album paphs.

Awesome growing Eggshells! Hard to decide which clone is better, the outstretched petal one or the more droopy twisty one...

Yah most people said they prefer the twisty ones rather than the bow legged. I think I like bow legged the better.

Great species adn very well-grown! I like this species far more than rothschildianum. It's not because rothschildianum is ba bad species, it's been line bred too much. There's much more "wild" in stonei (of course more line breeding might ruin that in my eyes).

Thanks JPMC, I agree. I actually like your Excelsior cross roth. They look old school. I like it a tad bit better than the newer crosses.

Awesome stonei! to have two blooming at once is awesome! i can't decide which i like better.

JPMC i agree with you on the roth line breeding. i personally prefer the older style roths that have not been "homogenized" by line breeding.

Latest posts

Back