Paphiopedilum sangii

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evergreen

Reaction score
Favorite paph right now:)
25060013791_8103feafb9_c.jpg

Finally, ...... someone who understands how to take a proper photograph of an orchid flower.

Evergreen, your photos are superb.

Thank you and congratulations !

Wow, very nice. I agree that it is a nice photo. The light is well controlled, and I like the neutral gray! I also would like to hear your culture.

Thanks everyone!
Bought it ~ five years ago from Orchids&More (an orchid nursery in Germany). It was a fresh import from Asia. The plant had a few roots cut off in the middle and broken leaves, but it was vigorous from the start. New growth started to grow and it established very quick.
Nothing really special in growing conditions, I just keep it wet all the time, it grows side by side with my Phrag besseae.

Brilliant Evergreen and good pictures. I have a sangii ( unflowered ) but the leaves,although mottled, are much paler than yours.

Ed

Thanks everyone!
Bought it ~ five years ago from Orchids&More (an orchid nursery in Germany). It was a fresh import from Asia. The plant had a few roots cut off in the middle and broken leaves, but it was vigorous from the start. New growth started to grow and it established very quick.
Nothing really special in growing conditions, I just keep it wet all the time, it grows side by side with my Phrag besseae.

When you say wet, do you literally mean it? Like as in growing certain phrags in a bucket of water kind of wet? Or just frequent watering?

What is it potted in?

I thought this species was a warm grower while besseae is not?

Latest posts

Back