Paphiopedilum sangii

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh wow, very dark colours. Good job, I'm completely jealous :D How do you grow yours?

That is really nice! I think this one needs to go on my list to get... Could you give some hints on culture?

Thank you All :)

I grow all my paph the same : under artificial light, compost is a mix of peat (I think you call it peat), chopped hemp (again I am not sure it's the right term), chopped sphagnum moss, styroform and vermiculite. I put some clay pebbles in the bottom to drain.
Depending on paph, I use tap water (hard) or filtered water (low in salt).
Sangii goes on the low salt side, it does not seem to appreciate my tap water and it took me a few weeks to understand that (it caused the yellowish tips, it is now ok with youngest leaves). I don't use any fertilizer anymore on this one, it doesn't seem to like it either.

I bought it as a division, in fact when I repotted it I found out there was two different plants sold as one.
It is the biggest one who bloomed first but I feel like the second one should'nt be too long. Pics are a little over exposed, sorry about that.

Thanks for the tips, Damas! The leaves of your plant are much lighter than on mine. I've two plants so I might try giving one more light to see what amount they like best.

Back