Paphiopedilum sanderianum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great, my favorite!
Hopefully mine is blooming next year. I bought it as seedling size in 2013.
Michael

Cograts! Was it a wild collected plant?, If not, who made it?

I bought a 2" Sandie from Bloomfield in the mid 90's...took about 18 mo. to kill it. I have 2 seedlings now that are 10"-11"ls. I want to add to the Sandie list...
And maybe they will bloom in my lifetime.
Awesome plant!!

I bought a 2" Sandie from Bloomfield in the mid 90's...took about 18 mo. to kill it. I have 2 seedlings now that are 10"-11"ls. I want to add to the Sandie list...
And maybe they will bloom in my lifetime.
Awesome plant!!
I understand you very well. Bought & killed one from the OrchidZone, then bought and killed one from OrchidInn, then bought and presently doing my best to kill the third one from PipingRock!

I understand you very well. Bought & killed one from the OrchidZone, then bought and killed one from OrchidInn, then bought and presently doing my best to kill the third one from PipingRock!

I think part of my problem then was buying a little 2" seedling and not realizing how slow they grow. Then after a period of time, assuming the plant was green but dead...the parentage of that plant was probably close to wild collected. I think I remember Joe Kunish being raided by the Feds. shortly after I purchased that seedling.

Latest posts

Back