• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Paphiopedilum Sanderianum Wanted!!!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought about 4 or 5 sanderianum seedlings from C&H about 7 years ago. They were in 2.5 inch pots. I bloomed the first two this year. They were absolutely fantastic. Way bigger flowers than I thought they would be and about 30 inch petals. When I bought them they also said 2-3 years to blooming.

Congrats, Cheyenne! Did you post photos here? Wow, it took so long even for you (who is a great grower)! Hmmm, long way to go for mine... Was yours 'Dark Beauty' x 'Newberry Tresses' (8017) or Nature's Glory' x 'Dark Beauty' (8015) by any chance? Peter Lin got one of these to flower in 4 years. http://www.slippertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35051&page=2
But I'm guessing that he has pretty warm setup, and there is no way mine can grow as faster as plants under Peter's care.

Congrats, Cheyenne! Did you post photos here? Wow, it took so long even for you (who is a great grower)! Hmmm, long way to go for mine... Was yours 'Dark Beauty' x 'Newberry Tresses' (8017) or Nature's Glory' x 'Dark Beauty' (8015) by any chance? Peter Lin got one of these to flower in 4 years. http://www.slippertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35051&page=2
But I'm guessing that he has pretty warm setup, and there is no way mine can grow as faster as plants under Peter's care.

No I did not post. I didn't even take pictures. my wife and I recently had another baby, so I have just about no time. It was very upsetting to wait that long and be to busy to get a picture. But I recommend to get some of them if your thinking about it because I am sure they are award quality. They were huge. Dorsal on both was 2.4-2.6cm. First bloom petals were about 30 inch. I bloomed one of each cross and both were about the same. Mine we're very small when I got them though. 2 inch pot with no more than 4 inch LS.

my wife and I recently had another baby, so I have just about no time. It was very upsetting to wait that long and be to busy to get a picture.

That's exciting! Congratulations! There is more important things (e.g. sleep) than taking photos of orchids! Our 3 year old still wakes up at night....

That's exciting! Congratulations! There is more important things (e.g. sleep) than taking photos of orchids! Our 3 year old still wakes up at night....

Hijack

Our 3 year old is doing the same! I think he just started vividly dreaming. He woke up the other night, convinced that Grandma was at our house, saying "Grandma, don't throw the baby animals in the trash!" And wake up time is now 5:30 or 6 am... Bright eyed and ready to take on the day. Luckily I'm an early bird.

Congrats on the new addition Cheyenne!

Hijack over

Latest posts

Back