• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Paphiopedilum Sanderianum Wanted!!!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

bonsaiorchid1

Hello everyone, i was wondering if anyone has or knows a place where i can buy sanderianums that are maybe a year or two away from flowering. I am also very picky, i am looking for a sanderianum with very long sepals, and not the kind from ebay that pretty much mimic paph chiu hua dancer which is one that i own. If you know where i can find one for sale, please let me know. Thank you!

-Bonsai

Oh and PS. Where you from so we can help you more? (he's a newbie John, we'll have to cut him (or her) some slack)

Thanks guys, sorry for the wrong location on both of my posts... As for the sanderianum orchid, does anyone know anyone here who might be willing to sell one for a cheaper price than 200 bucks.

Anyone... Well, i have seen that raven falls sanderianum going on ebay. Does anyone know what that orchid will look like. To me it sounds like entrapment using an interesting name. But if you guys know anything about it, please let me know!

If you are in Canada ( or can order from Canada), John at Zephyrus Orchids has sanderianums from seeding right up to in spike He had one in spike for sale at the Toronto show Feb 14 for $500 Cdn.

Oh darn... Too bad i live in Las Vegas, Nevada within the United States. Still a little pricey though...

Yes i did. I dont believe those plants on that website will flower in two or three years... maybe more like 5 or 6 maybe...

yeah, i agree. I'll go with 10 as well! maybe i should buy it and see exactly how long it takes. though... i might be 10 years older whenever it decides to spike.

I got a couple P. sanderianum seedlings from C&H about 3 years ago. I don't think that mines are not the same one listed currently. It was in 2.25 or 2.5" pot, leaf spread of about 30-40cm, single fan, but a new fan started in the year I received it. I screwed up a couple times (I'm not good at growing warmer multiflorals); cold damage using cold water and leaf burn/heat stress etc. So they are not anywhere close to flowering after 3 years.

I bought about 4 or 5 sanderianum seedlings from C&H about 7 years ago. They were in 2.5 inch pots. I bloomed the first two this year. They were absolutely fantastic. Way bigger flowers than I thought they would be and about 30 inch petals. When I bought them they also said 2-3 years to blooming.

I bought about 4 or 5 sanderianum seedlings from C&H about 7 years ago. They were in 2.5 inch pots. I bloomed the first two this year. They were absolutely fantastic. Way bigger flowers than I thought they would be and about 30 inch petals. When I bought them they also said 2-3 years to blooming.

That's about what it took me to bloom my first sanderianum seedling. I got rid of that one, and now the wait is back on for one in a 3'' pot. I had it for 3 yrs, so hopefully this one turns out better.

If you are in africa, I couldn't help you, if you are in the phillipines, you might find one growing wild, if you are in china hit up holger perner, if you are in the u.s. there are a whole bunch of vendors, but since you don't post a location nobody can help you!!!

Latest posts

Back