Paphiopedilum sanderianum first of the season

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roth

Reaction score
I like quite a lot that one, big dorsal, and the petals are quite well spread at their base...

img1656z.jpg

It has no known parentage so far, and the future potential on a well rooted growth is excellent. Apparently before it had a dried flower stem that was twice the diameter of that one, so it will most likely have 4-5 flowers when peaceful and well grown for another year and an half.

To see a flowering sanderianum is alway spectacular - but ufortunately your photo dosn't show all its special features in the right way.
Maybe a closeup of the bloom would do it in a better way.
BTW where is your greenhouse situated?? :D:D:D
Best regards from Germany, rudolf

Mmmh... For the staked pot, not that much choice to make a picture...

The petals are still expanding, then they will twist a bit more I think... What I immediately liked in that plant was that the dorsal and the pouch are very large. Most of the time there is a crappy stuff, small dorsal and strange pouch with long petals. Plus it sounds to be a very vigorous grower, like all its sister plants from the same batch, 2 growth on the blooming one, and 1 on the old growth.

I think when the new growth will be mature the flower will be really good...

A slightly better picture, apparently Imageshack sized down too much the first picture...

sand22.jpg

The close up is very fine, it is funny how the petals go on and on and on. It does have a better pouch than most I think.

WOW. Beautiful. The growths are enormous. I dream of seeing one let alone flower one myself. So you have more to come?

David

Great bloom! The petal length, bloom colors, and shape are awesome!!:clap::clap: Super great growing!!

Latest posts

Back