Paphiopedilum Saiun ‘Glow Stick’

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrLeslieEe

Scholar, Addict and Aficionado of Orchidacea
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This LeHua primary hybrid was between the alba forms of wardii x sukhakulii. This second bloom was much larger than the first one, 13 cm vs 9 cm. I was pleasantly surprised. Almost auctioned it off last weekend as a donation to my local orchid society. Luckily I kept it to see flower. I called him Glow Stick LoL.

NS 13 cm
Petals 1.7 x 7.0 cm
Dorsal 3.5 x 5 cm

2E0265A4-AC81-4FB6-BBAA-058C25C9BC51.jpeg B1CA30ED-936A-4FE4-B2B3-FF2A9F680B39.jpeg 5C3F2198-37C7-4216-B0F3-5869BB390156.jpeg CFF7CAA1-7CB9-44E1-8D51-8B433D904934.jpeg

Needless to say that this is a lovely flower......and in the this year flower you may see with a close look the influence of the wardii parent too. The last year flower looked, at least in my eyes, like a straight P. sukhakulii album. This fact may sometime cause confusion.

Needless to say that this is a lovely flower......and in the this year flower you may see with a close look the influence of the wardii parent too. The last year flower looked, at least in my eyes, like a straight P. sukhakulii album. This fact may sometime cause confusion.
What an interesting observation Rudolf. Yes it seems like you are correct in your assessment. I never even thought of it until you pointed it out.

And yes OP I also do prefer the parents but neither are strong plants or easy to find. I have one really exceptional wardii album I got in Dome show but alas the bud blasted. Next year then.

And thanks to all for the nice comments.

Leslie, this plant seems to like your culture very much. Flowering annually and this year I can see a second flower spike arising. 👌 Congrats and Merry Christmas !

Latest posts

Back