Paphiopedilum Saint-Swithin "Yellow King"

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're right.

Yes, I retouched the picture, not to change flower color but a little contrast and mostly the background. Why? Because my first picture was not as fine as I wished.

If I look at this Yweyshen picture, It's a little too yellow.

St.Swithin-TN-YellowKing.JPG

If I look at mine, it's probably a little too red but depend too of the screen. Less red on my personal computer than my work computer.

The truth is probably between those 2 pictures.

So, I gave this ironical reply to Slipperfan because his subliminal message seemed to evoke a desire to cheat of my part. And it's not. That' all.
I will try to be better next time about reality color. :cool:

The main thing is that I can see this plant every day in its true "Yellow Red" color! :D

Last edited:
Yes, some color combos stymie digital cameras attempts to reproduce them, and screens all look different. With my last camera, bright red and especially flowers that had blue and red together it couldn't figure out and I didn't have the skill to adjust the color

Not really. I see it to brown on my screen. But thank you to try.

I took many pictures. I will see this week end if one is completely representative of the color, even if the global quality is less good.

Back