Paphiopedilum Sacagawea's Slippers

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I deflasked these is 2016. At the time I had limited experience with flasks. I had worked with a few phragmipedium flasks and assumed paphs would be no different. I went about "detangling" the roots and made a mess of things. Lesson learned... eek! Thankfully I did not completely ruin the flask. This is the first seedling to bloom. Assuming the staminode straightens out in future bloomings, this has potential.

There are not many images if this cross online, so I decided to post my less than perfect example. @tomkalina These came from Fox Valley Breeding. Do you have any pictures you could share?

20220326_093131.jpg20220326_101743.jpg

I deflasked these is 2016. At the time I had limited experience with flasks. I had worked with a few phragmipedium flasks and assumed paphs would be no different. I went about "detangling" the roots and made a mess of things. Lesson learned... eek! Thankfully I did not completely ruin the flask. This is the first seedling to bloom. Assuming the staminode straightens out in future bloomings, this has potential.

There are not many images if this cross online, so I decided to post my less than perfect example. @tomkalina These came from Fox Valley Breeding. Do you have any pictures you could share?

View attachment 33298View attachment 33299
Hi Darlene - No photos here yet; your seedling appears to be the first to bloom. Were you able to get to Madison Heights for the MOS show?

Wonderful flower, perhaps the next time the satminode will be perfect too.

View attachment 33298View attachment 33299
Ok this one got me. Wow.

Latest posts

Back