Paphiopedilum rungsuriyanum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, for comments.Although there are few new primary hybrids already flowered originated from some nursery, but straight species can be found only in private collections, till this time.I grow it in pure gravel and basalt mix, fertilizer is peters with ca/mg, 1/2/2, 400 uS every waterings, added to rain water.

Such beautiful leaves & an interesting flower!!
What are the temperature range, especially in the winter time? That looks to be a nice little clump already.

Istvan, respect for aquiring and growing this little gem. It isn't not only a single growth plant but already a real clump. Congrats. 👌 👌

Thanks, for comments.Although there are few new primary hybrids already flowered originated from some nursery, but straight species can be found only in private collections, till this time.I grow it in pure gravel and basalt mix, fertilizer is peters with ca/mg, 1/2/2, 400 uS every waterings, added to rain water.
Very nice not usual plant ! Origin Popow?
Do you use Peters 20_20_20 or 21_7_21 ?. This summer I also tested this mix but my concern on the long term is about the trace elements. These are not in very high concentration in Peters fertilizers (compared to Akerne Rain Mix) and which are further diluted by adding Ca and Mg.

Last edited:
Very nice not usual plant ! Origin Popow?
Do you use Peters 20_20_20 or 21_7_21 ?. This summer I also tested this mix but my concern on the long term is about the trace elements. These are not in very high concentration in Peters fertilizers (compared to Akerne Rain Mix) and which are further diluted by adding Ca and Mg.
Thanks.Peters 20/20/20 .Plant came from Thailand, one of my friends were there 2 years ago and saw the plant on the local market, then he called me about buying and i said of course yes.

Strange that many of primary can be found in the markets of rung or canhii with other species, but i never seen straight canhii or rung.🤔🤔🤔
(Primary) Hybrids aren't under CITES-regulations - species are. So sale of straight canhii or rung are in fact a criminal action (also in most countries of origin). If I were in the seller's shoes, I wouldn't advertise my crime on the internet! ;)

(Primary) Hybrids aren't under CITES-regulations - species are. So sale of straight canhii or rung are in fact a criminal action (also in most countries of origin). If I were in the seller's shoes, I wouldn't advertise my crime on the internet! ;)
Oh, yes...save a species for the next generation...by cites...hah...HOW??????

canhii and rung are not easy in culture according to my experience
hybrids out of flask do very well

Back