Paphiopedilum rothschildianum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is the second blooming of my roth clone Black Eagle' x 'Giant Wings' GM/WOC. The flowers are better than the first blooming but I still like my other clone better. The excellent thing about this cross so far is that it seems to be reliable. It bloomed pretty much the same time last year and did so easily. It gets bonus points for that in my book.

Here are pictures inside and outside.

20221108_153441.jpg20221108_153436.jpg20221107_131449.jpg20221107_131355.jpg

Nice. Any Roth that grows and flowers reliably is a treasure.

One of my seedlings from the same cross has just put out a new lead. So hopefully next Spring (September 2023) it will flower after 8 years of growing.

Thanks, Leslie and Dave. @emydura I am looking forward to seeing your bloom.

A few years ago, I went to POE and saw this stunning roth. Until then, I did not have much for them, but that one was incredible! I am looking for a clone that strikes me like the one at POE. This one does not get me there.

This is the second blooming of my roth clone Black Eagle' x 'Giant Wings' GM/WOC. The flowers are better than the first blooming but I still like my other clone better. The excellent thing about this cross so far is that it seems to be reliable. It bloomed pretty much the same time last year and did so easily. It gets bonus points for that in my book.

Talk more about this versus your other clone.

I really like it based on the photos. Petals look nice and wide. And stripes look nice. Lip coloring is nice. Dorsal stance and cupping are a little distracting, but the rest helps balance that out for me. Anyhoo. Your other clone must be pretty nice.

Talk more about this versus your other clone.

I really like it based on the photos. Petals look nice and wide. And stripes look nice. Lip coloring is nice. Dorsal stance and cupping are a little distracting, but the rest helps balance that out for me. Anyhoo. Your other clone must be pretty nice.
I believe my other clone produced larger flowers and has deeper color saturation, specifically on the lip. This is the other clones first bloom earlier this year.

Attachments

• 20220122_103112.jpg
    20220122_103112.jpg
    510 KB · Views: 1
well ya i can see that ... ;-) wonder how a few more growths will improve the flowering..

View attachment 36783View attachment 36784View attachment 36785View attachment 36786
I like that big blond-red pouch,

Latest posts

Back