Paphiopedilum rothschildianum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

Reaction score
Here is the first Roth I bloomed back in late October. It's also I first time bloomer from Orchid Inn. I purchased both in March 2019 as large seedlings.

This one is 'Black Eagle' x 'Giant Wings' GM/WOC.

20211101_191445.jpg20211101_191432.jpg

Between the two I prefer the 'Tiger March' cross. Still I am looking forward to seeing them bloom again.

GuRu

experienced greenhorn
Reaction score
Darlene, both are lovely ones. 👍 It seems to me the colouration of the one in the first photos is more intense than that one of the second photos ? Or is this impression just caused by the photos ?

Reaction score
Thanks all!

Darlene, both are lovely ones. 👍 It seems to me the colouration of the one in the first photos is more intense than that one of the second photos ? Or is this impression just caused by the photos ?
The coloration is more intense in the roth in the first photo ( 'Tiger March' SM/JOGA x 'New Horizon' FCC/AOS ). To be fair though, I did not photograph the one in the second set of photos particularly well. Still it was not as intense color wise.

NEslipper

Reaction score
Beautiful, and such well-grown plants! Ushering in the best time of the year (roth season). They seem a little early, do you grow primarily under lights?

Reaction score
Yes. I grow underlights approximately October through April/May. Then my collection goes outside for our warmer months.
[/QUOTE
I also grew under lights indoors, and moved all the plants outdoors for the summer. Early cold weather in September before I made the decision to move them in would make some plants set buds. Nights in the 50’s in September and then brought inside for more stable warmer temps makes the plant think it’s spring. I didn’t really have a problem with it. But, some plants were to small to bloom.
I really like the Tiger March… I have the same breeding. Good job!

emydura

Reaction score
Wonderful. The Tiger March X NH is especially nice.

I have a few seedlings of the Black Eagle X Giant Wings. I am amazed how compact your plant is. One of my seedlings would be double the width and I still don't expect it to flower for at least two years. Maybe you grow it brighter.

Latest posts