Paphiopedilum rothschildianum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GuRu

experienced greenhorn
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It took me almost 4 years to flower my P. rothschildianum again. I was very lucky when I saw the sheath emerging in early autumn and had a look at the spike while growing almost every day. I thought 2 flowers would be o.k. for and window-sill grower and after the first flower blossomed out.....it happened while watering Wednesday one week ago. I was incaurtious, made an uncontrolled move with my right hand and dang......damaged one petal of the first flower. The are like glass direct when they are freshly blossomed out. Anyway, nevertheless I'm happy with these flowers and hope you will apologize the broken petal.

07991_21.12.10_paph rothschildianum.jpg

07995_21.12.10_paph rothschildianum.jpg

Last edited:
Rudolf, we all have done mischiefs on our flowers. Our fumbling blunders are often reflected on our blooms and permanently etched in the photos. But as I always say, if you haven't learnt from it and repeat it again THREE times, then it is no longer in the realm of a mistakes but just plain clumsiness. :oops:

Rudolf, we all have done mischiefs on our flowers. Our fumbling blunders are often reflected on our blooms and permanently etched in the photos. But as I always say, if you haven't learnt from it and repeat it again THREE times, then it is no longer in the realm of a mistakes but just plain clumsiness. :oops:

Leslie, you can be sure.....I learned my lesson.

It took me almost 4 years to flower my P. rothschildianum again. I was very lucky when I saw the sheath emerging in early autumn and had a look at the spike while growing almost every day. I thought 2 flowers would be o.k. for and window-sill grower and after the first flower blossomed out.....it happened while watering Wednesday one week ago. I was incaurtious, made an uncontrolled move with my right hand and dang......damaged one petal of the first flower. The are like glass direct when they are freshly blossomed out. Anyway, nevertheless I'm happy with these flowers and hope you will apologize the broken petal.

Never mind.Very nice roth.I broke the stem of my tigrinum completely few weeks ago.

Beautiful dorsal and ventral, best red-and-tawny pouch, sorry about the accident but next time it blooms — hopefully sooner than 4 years! — you will have a real treasure that gets better and better.

Love roths even a broken petal. Don’t think more about the accident Guru, the next year sure be better and with another flower more😉

Sometimes you have to be a little more patient. All the more annoying if you then damage the flower a little. But this does not detract from the overall appearance. Very nice photo.
Greetings Horst

Latest posts

Back