Paphiopedilum rothschildianum from Denver

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

naoki

Reaction score
I got lots of well grown plants from Denver last year when he had to part with his collection (and thanks Tom Reddick to distributing them). Three of P. rothschildianum flowered this year. I think the inflorescence is kind of short because of the transition to a completely different environment. Also my grow area with artificial light isn't ideal for those giants! But I like them, thank you, Denver. I didn't have enough time to make nice photos (I didn't spend enough time to adjust the hot spots), but they are good enough, I think.

P. rothschildianum Z7135, 'Chester Hill' x 'Red Baron' 'NT1'. From Orchid Zone. Bottom flower: Dorsal sepal: 70x54mm, Synsepal: 66x40mm, petal: 152x14mm, Ovary: 88x9mm. Inflorescence 56mm (from the base of the leaf). Longest leaf 630x41mm

Paphiopedilum rothschildianum on Flickr

P. rothschildianum Z7137, 'Red Baron' x 'Wide Horizon' AM/AOS, OrchidZone cross. The bottom flower: Dorsal sepal: 50x40mm (flattened), Synsepal: 49x34mm, petals: 104x15mm. longest leaf: 570x63mm.

P. rothschildianum 'Rex' x 'Mont Millais Best', 07003, OIF0191, from Windy Hill Gardens. Bottom flower: Dorsal sepal: 57x39mm, Synsepal 52x36mm, petal: 131x14mm, Longest leaf: 340x47mm.

P. rothschildianum Z7137, 'Red Baron' x 'Wide Horizon' (left) and P. rothschildianum 'Rex' x 'Mont Millais Best (right), which is very compact.

Well done! Those look great! In the end, I only ended up with seedlings on for myself due to limited space, but to echo what NYEric said- they are all doing very nicely. Denver has a serious talent for this hobby.

Latest posts

Back