Paphiopedilum robinsonianum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I got is 5 yars ago, established, finally it is in bloom.I know it is rare, plant is strong with many roots with a half mature and a tiny new shoots so however i prefer sibling, i will make self cross for propagation.I have never seen this in trade, I hope i will have good luck.

Attachments

• 20211129_145201.jpg
    20211129_145201.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 54
  • 20211129_145240.jpg
    20211129_145240.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 52
  • 20211129_145307.jpg
    20211129_145307.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 40
  • 20211129_150010.jpg
    20211129_150010.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 33
An interesting flower with clear colours judging by the pictures. First time I have seen pictures of the flower in cultivation - it would be well worth selfing.

JL

I see it for the very first time in an private collection....so keep an eye of it and Good Luck with your plans to propagate it. Fingers crossed. 🤞

......Interesting but not pretty. IMHO
Stephen, it's like always....beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I've seen also hybrids here and I thought by myself....this flower isn't really pretty....whereas others said.....lovely, very pretty.

Last edited:
Thanks for comments.Really , there are many slippers are more elegant and nicer than this.But this one is created by nature, very rare and that why this plant is valuable for me.I have never seen this on market, the aim of my efforts to save this sp. for collectors ( legally from arteficial propagation) and for the future.

When i saw the insitu pics i felt in love with this species! They look so majestic growing on the cliffs, but which paph doesnt insitu...yours is also a real beauty in my eyes

Good symmetry, interesting shape and colors! Maybe not "pretty" but very few slippers I would call pretty:oops:. I still like it though :)

I certainly appreciate the beauty of a perfect flower, but I often love when the shape and the appearance are strange.
Plus It has intense and dark colours and fine foliage, so I would let It in my GH with a loud welcome.

I got is 5 yars ago, established, finally it is in bloom.I know it is rare, plant is strong with many roots with a half mature and a tiny new shoots so however i prefer sibling, i will make self cross for propagation.I have never seen this in trade, I hope i will have good luck.
Anybody else see mastersianum/venustem? I’m looking at the leaves, the dorsal, the laterals’ stance…

So do we, so do we! And now we are at it: sign me up for a division! :cool:

Anathema! We have a heretic in our midst! 😈
Haha maybe so, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I do love them, but not because they are "pretty", Cattleyas are "pretty", to me at least :D

Back