Paphiopedilum richardianum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrLeslieEe

Scholar, Addict and Aficionado of Orchidacea
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Newly acquired in bloom. Not much roots so will cut of spikes this weekend to encourage root growth.

960EC66D-55FC-408F-A797-10BC73A5608B.jpeg273B0237-9392-486B-932F-5C63ED24CCBF.jpeg9CFB47C4-5FDC-40CA-9C57-DB9C5776D900.jpeg

Petal colors are very shiny violet, similar shade to the petals of sangii. A relative of lowii, with erect flower spikes, much like dianthums.

Frolicking amongst the new acquisitions from HungSheng. A second richardianum is in spike as well with unopened buds.

12D1282C-CD16-474B-91A8-C2AE5035671C.jpeg

Very nice new plants! I am a little bit envious, that you are able to get such nice things like richardianum! May i ask how much you pay for it? What else did you get?

Very nice new plants! I am a little bit envious, that you are able to get such nice things like richardianum! May i ask how much you pay for it? What else did you get?
Shipments come from Taiwan regularly so I place special order from HungSheng to be included. I got 3 richardianums at $50 USD each.

In this shipment, of special interest, are baccanums, red tonsums (actually your fault), sukh albums, a large micranthum album (don't ask how much lol), wardii album, and a bunch of vietnamenses. Also a division of their red dorsal (fusco-roseum) villosum 'Hung Sheng' BM/TPS. Thrown in for good measures are wenshanenses and dunkles.

Thanks Leslie, 50 for a flowering Richard sounds not so much. Did you import yourself or via a nursery?
I looking forward to your introducing of the Mic album in future!;) And wonder how large is large!:D

Omg how exciting! Any nurseries in the US placing an order with Hung Sheng? Didn’t Letstalkplants do this a couple of years ago? I remember seeing some posts....
You might check with Tenshin Gardens (Matt) to see his next US shipments. He might be able to help you as they reship from US destinations.

Oh I have one cos, well Rich and all, but not bloomed it... Tips?

Latest posts

Back