Paphiopedilum randsii

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JPMC

Reaction score
This year's effort from my two randsiis. The plant labeled 1 I have had for 25 years while the one labeled 2 I have only had for about 10 years.

Plant 1:
Paphiopedilum%20randsii%20plant%201%2005-03-2018_zpshzsz2i5a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Flower 1:
[URL=http://s204.photobucket.com/user/erniepc/media/Paphiopedilum%20randsii%20flower%201%2005-03-2018_zpsx2w14gyc.jpg.html][IMG]http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb104/erniepc/Paphiopedilum%20randsii%20flower%201%2005-03-2018_zpsx2w14gyc.jpg[/URL][/IMG]

Plant 2:
Paphiopedilum%20randsii%20plant%202%2005-03-2018_zps38oioz6a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Flower 2:
Paphiopedilum%20randsii%20flower%202%2005-03-2018_zpsykvhrhur.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

What a long spike. For 25 years, that is all the clump? This species is really sloooooowwww. My gh will probably collapse first before mine will spike. Congrats and good growing.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I loooooove them both - plant 1 for the plant itself (and the amazing culture!) and the many flowers; plant 2 for the form and size of the flowers!

Such an impressive job! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I acquired a nice young plant last year...and it seems in good growth, albeit still a very juvenile delinquent.... Hmmm, I wonder how many years I have to wait before it turns into BS?!

Kind regards,
Jens

I loooooove them both - plant 1 for the plant itself (and the amazing culture!) and the many flowers; plant 2 for the form and size of the flowers!

Such an impressive job! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I acquired a nice young plant last year...and it seems in good growth, albeit still a very juvenile delinquent.... Hmmm, I wonder how many years I have to wait before it turns into BS?!

Kind regards,
Jens

The plant 1 was bought as a seedling that was 2 inches across. It took about 5 years to bloom.

Do you have magic fertilizer? Air?

BTW, how is the C. lichiangense doing? I'm actually on the edge of the seat...

I use Michigan State-type fertilizer at 125-150 ppm weekly.

The Cyp. lichiangense is growing well with 2 growths. They are about 1.5 inches tall now, but I can't yet see if either growth will bloom.

Fantastic JP! Hands down, you are the randsii stud!
Hey if you ever divide one of them think of me. I would love to have a multi growth plant and you would get a fair price.

Rick

I use Michigan State-type fertilizer at 125-150 ppm weekly.

The Cyp. lichiangense is growing well with 2 growths. They are about 1.5 inches tall now, but I can't yet see if either growth will bloom.
Is that total ppm or N ppm? Assuming for RO?
Thanks

Latest posts

Back