Paphiopedilum purpuratums: A Family in Bloom

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally secured enough plants of this wonderful species to create a group shot. One of my favourite species of all time. The only one missing from this pic is an album form lol.View attachment 16904
Omg!! It is my MOST favorite species!!!!! The only plant of which I would like an album form. We should go in together on a flask when Sam Tsui recreates an album! I could never have too many of this species. Great photo and thrilling to see somebody else who loves this beauty.

Beautifull display!

I tend to favour the two middle flowers slightly receded. And I wonder, whether the fatter pouches on the two front ones on each side look like that irl, or whether their look is the effect of an optic/photographic illusion? As it is, in my eyes the middle ones might not be as big as the other two, but have a more overall proportionate look (but that's just my personal taste!).

Kind regards, Jens

I actually have no preference for the shape of purpuratums. All of them are beautiful to me. It's their commanding stance and deep colours that appeal to me. I have a few more in bud and hope they open while this group is still in bloom.

As for the purpuratum albums, it is so hard to find. I looked for 3 years for them (US, Taiwan, Japan, Europe) and finally found one from Paph Paradise, coming this week! A small seedling but I'm so excited! If it blooms I will self it!!!

I actually have no preference for the shape of purpuratums. All of them are beautiful to me. It's their commanding stance and deep colours that appeal to me. I have a few more in bud and hope they open while this group is still in bloom.

As for the purpuratum albums, it is so hard to find. I looked for 3 years for them (US, Taiwan, Japan, Europe) and finally found one from Paph Paradise, coming this week! A small seedling but I'm so excited! If it blooms I will self it!!!

Latest posts

Back