Paphiopedilum purpuratum x sib (‘Full Wings’ x var. album ‘Albino Beauty’ CBR/AOS) selfed today!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m really sad if it didn’t take but it is what it is. The pod looked really good, Sam said. It was delivered fresh. I wish I had been able to save the plant. I’ll always regret that.

Aww thank you but please don’t stress him. I can only imagine what it’s like to have built such an empire only to have health take it away. I treasure my plants from him, and his advice. This summer, I think I will be blooming his father’s Cymbidium selfing and I plan to email him if I do. Was so excited about the hope of those albino purpuratum but part of that was knowing I’d get to visit him again. Of course they’d be wonderful but it’s not the same. He let me choose the name: “Ghost of Hong Kong.” Was going to be “Ghost of Hong Kong Freedom” but we decided not to offend China lol.

For what it is worth I have all of Sam's flasks, and whatever is still in the lab. No purpuratum that I've seen yet. Sam is totally retired, doesn't have a single orchid at his new house. If you did e-mail him he would probably just send you to me. ;)

Latest posts

Back