Paphiopedilum Prince Edward of York (rothschildianum x sanderianum)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Calvin_Tiong

Reaction score
I feel honored to help Dr. Chiew to take the photos of his POEY today. Five spikes with 23 blooms blooming at the same time at the Centre of Borneo Island. There is totally no support for the spikes. All 8 front fans in all directions, potential for 8 spikes at the same time in future if not divided. Wow!!!
IMG_0443-003.jpgIMG_0455-002.jpgIMG_0457-002.jpgIMG_0446-003.jpgIMG_0447-002.jpg

Last edited:
What a majestic plant!

The ultimate combination of the King and Queen of Paphiopedilums, both originated from our homeland Borneo!

Please congratulate Dr Chiew on such a well grown plant!

Do send my best wishes for him. It's been almost 5 years since my last visit to him in Sibu.

What a majestic plant!

The ultimate combination of the King and Queen of Paphiopedilums, both originated from our homeland Borneo!

Please congratulate Dr Chiew on such a well grown plant!

Do send my best wishes for him. It's been almost 5 years since my last visit to him in Sibu.

Will do, Dr Leslie. We mentioned about you just now when I was helping him to take his POEY photos 😇😇😇

Gorgeous PEOY! Kudos to Dr. Chiew for the impressive culture. But, apart from that, this is the PEOY, whose flowers I've liked the most: beautifully saturated colours; lovely broad petals with a nice, harmonious 'flowing' shape (i.e. without the angular, shoulder formed bend of the petals, that so often - idiosyncratically, I know - detracts from my pleasure, when it comes to P. sanderianum and its offspring!). A through and through delectable plant and flowers!

Latest posts

Back