Paphiopedilum primulinum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

Mr.Roland

Reaction score
Some images of the Paphiopedilum primulinum I bought a few months ago at Akerne Orchids in Belgium . I am a Berlin based windowsill grower , the window exposed to the north-east . From may onwards my windows are all fully opened day and night , so natural temperature fluctuation , constant air movement . I mist or spray a few times a day . Maybe I am wrong but the color of the flowers blooming under the conditions seem intense and more saturated …
E3B62E05-C9C5-4CEE-8A4D-AA8440917001.jpeg9F990527-0649-47D9-BB85-86F8351CDC44.jpegDCDBBD87-EA0F-4885-B761-4CFC861F194D.jpeg

GuRu

experienced greenhorn
Reaction score
Very nice primulinum. I like these yellow gems very much.
........ Maybe I am wrong but the color of the flowers blooming under the conditions seem intense and more saturated …
Maybe, but could be also just the genes of this particular plant.

Ray

Orchid Iconoclast
Staff member
ST Supporter
Reaction score
There are several things that can affect flower color, with temperature and light intensity being a couple of the more important ones as the bud develops. Cooler and brighter tends to favor anthocyanin development, leading to more intense colors.

Mr.Roland

Reaction score
There are several things that can affect flower color, with temperature and light intensity being a couple of the more important ones as the bud develops. Cooler and brighter tends to favor anthocyanin development, leading to more intense colors.
Thank you for explaining my observation Ray , it makes sense .

Latest posts