Paphiopedilum praestans

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JPMC

Reaction score
I hate to be guilty of posting the same plant too many times, but this is one of my favorite species. I bought it from Spencer Howard Orchid Importers about 25 years ago. I think that it was a wild-collected plant. The spike is 25 inches tall and the plant is 37 inches across. The image was taken in natural light. The rich tan/brown/ocher color is accurate.

Paphiopedilum%20praestans%2012-04-2016_zpsnyeruyks.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Every bloom is different and it is a beauty which I am sure many of us do not mind to see it often.

Excellent. The plant could be thirty years old. Wow!!!! How many times have you divided this plant?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

LOVE this! Yes, please post it any time. I for one will never tire of seeing such a nice praestans. Congrats on keeping this clone groing so well for so long.

I remember Spencer M. Howard Orchid Importers. I haven't thought of him in decades. He was the guy that used to have the "off the wall" humorous ads in the AOS bulletin; right?

One of my favourite species in my wish list to get at some point soon.
You have an beautiful specimen there

LOVE this! Yes, please post it any time. I for one will never tire of seeing such a nice praestans. Congrats on keeping this clone groing so well for so long.

I remember Spencer M. Howard Orchid Importers. I haven't thought of him in decades. He was the guy that used to have the "off the wall" humorous ads in the AOS bulletin; right?

Thank you. I think that the unusual sense of humor belonged to Ray Rands. I don't recall Spencer M. Howard as having any oddness in his ads.

my object of desire, unfortunately unreachable ,too difficult to grow for me.the only thing I can do is admire this wonder.
Anna from Italy

Latest posts

Back