Paphiopedilum philippinense

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Acquired from Hilo Orchid Farm in 2019 as a 5-flowered first bloomer. Blooming this year with 4, but not bad for a windowsill-grown plant! Cross is ‘Red screw’ x ‘Long life’. Petals are currently 21 cm, and maybe still growing a bit. I’ll update once all are open, but I had it out to water so I snapped some quick pictures.View attachment 27218View attachment 27219View attachment 27220View attachment 27221View attachment 27222View attachment 27223View attachment 27224View attachment 27225

Amazing blooms! Do the petals get longer as the plant matures? I have one with 15 cm petals on first bloom- nicely proportioned, but just wondering what to expect in the future.

Also, how do you buy retail from HoF?

Amazing blooms! Do the petals get longer as the plant matures? I have one with 15 cm petals on first bloom- nicely proportioned, but just wondering what to expect in the future.

Also, how do you buy retail from HoF?
Thanks! I think it’s pretty common for multis to get larger and more numerous blooms on a mature plant, certainly Rothschildianum and Sanderianum can (water an humidity also play a key role). I don’t think a 20 cm petal would ever be 30 cm, but it could pick up a couple of centimeters. This is my first blooming of this particular plant, and it hasn’t started to clump yet, so I can’t speak from experience with Philippinense.
HoF posts plants on eBay from time-to-time under the username jfan7262.

Very impressive plants and flowers....your P. philli as well as your P. roth. 👌 👌 As to the petal lenght....these more than 20 cm long twisted petals are great.

Latest posts

Back