Paphiopedilum philippinense

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

musa

Reaction score
Three flowers should open soon, I'm still hoping for the fourth...
Sorry for the bad fotos, but the top shelf is hard to reach. Better ones will follow.

k IMG_6475 copy.jpgk IMG_6478 copy.jpg

When the flowers are opened I'll take it down to make some better fotos. For now it's just some pics for documentation, sorry for that...

Paph. philippinense has completely opened a four flower stem.
Unfortunately the twist of the petals is not what I hoped for.
Some of the staminodes turned brown (last foto). Might that be caused by spraying which I did for humidity during flower developpement?

k IMG_6701 copy.jpgk IMG_6711 copy.jpgk IMG_6713 copy.jpgk IMG_6704 copy.jpgk IMG_6731 copy.jpgk IMG_6726 copy.jpgk IMG_6741 copy.jpgk IMG_6783 copy.jpgk IMG_6697 copy.jpgk IMG_6734 copy.jpg

Finally! Well done.
The burnt stami is not easley explained. Just misting with water probably wouldn't cause it.
Maybe a fungal or bacterial issue incouraged by mist. Only one stami?

Rick, it were two of four staminodes burnt, now a third is starting.
Oz maybe you are right but l like to let them grow as they like, further a upright inflorescence would not fit in my orchid shelves. One stem of my St. Swithin I even had to put a weight on to force it a little more downwards, otherwise I would have had to move the whole plant during flower developpement.

Latest posts

Back