paphiopedilum philippinense

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you. It's underpot (3.25 inch) and underwater. But it's flowering so maybe next time it will bloom better.

LOL, I meant under watering and under potting.

Don't worry, I knew what you meant LOL

What variety of phil is this? It looks like it's on the large size (granted it's hard to tell), but it only has 4 flowers. I know the characteristics used to differentiate the varieties seem very subjective to me, but the plant looks to be somewhat intermediate between laevigatum and roebelenii.

I concur with others, though, the roots are amazing. I may need to cut back on how often I water my phils and see if they improve.

Sorry but those roots outshine the flowers!! What do you do to get those??

What variety of phil is this? It looks like it's on the large size (granted it's hard to tell), but it only has 4 flowers. I know the characteristics used to differentiate the varieties seem very subjective to me, but the plant looks to be somewhat intermediate between laevigatum and roebelenii.

I concur with others, though, the roots are amazing. I may need to cut back on how often I water my phils and see if they improve.

This is Paphiopedilum (philippinense 'Mercury' SM/TPS X philippinense 'MH-2' BM/TPS).

Here is another one with nice roots that I have for sale on ebay. I have a few of these. Because of under-watering, these plants must be really thirsty to grow a lot of roots.

9238b9cb648ab8031f8b6f8db676806b.jpg

948a8c4df15bb095263ac84c9327978c.jpg

I grow these in bright light. Clear pots help me see when not to water.

Flowers are fairly fresh. The petals do get longer and will twist more in days to come.

I will update photo when all the flowers are opened.

Looks like typical roebelenii to me. You can get up to seven or even nine flowers with this variety. Nice flowers, congrats.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Anymore petal twisting on your first posted philie? Any clue on how many buds forming on your Ebay plant?

Yup. Here it is. Updated photo from this morning. Oldest flower is more twisted.

9ed9076a79035ea63527136bae473c4c.jpg

Attachments

• 9ed9076a79035ea63527136bae473c4c.jpg
    9ed9076a79035ea63527136bae473c4c.jpg
    805.1 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back