Paphiopedilum philippinense var. palawanense

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

musa

Reaction score
Another first time bloomer:
The petals are a bit untiedy, hope that will get better in time.

k IMG_2291 copy.jpg k IMG_2266 copy.jpg k IMG_2265 copy.jpg

You are right, that is a compact version, in total it is 45 cm high.

k IMG_2439 copy.jpg

It's gorgeous!

The petals are a bit untiedy, hope that will get better in time.

I don't know what your growing conditions are, but someone here gave the advice to spray the petals frequently, when they are forming - I tried it out on a St.Swithin and it seemed a good and sound advice... Actually, at some point I had to go away for a prolonged weekend, when the plant was in flower, and I could immediately see the detrimental effect of the pause in spraying... this negative result might probably be due to me being a windowsill grower, and the general humidity, no matter what I do, cannot match a greenhouse.
Maybe someone with a greenhouse could provide some info on this?

Kind regards,
Jens

I have two of this compact form,,, even the leaves are shorter but wide. But the petals seem to go in different direction, kind of messy but the dorsal is rounder but small also. I have five phillies diff varieties but I'm not very lucky with the flowers.

I am a windowsill grower, so humidity isn't very high. I had hoped that the petals might be better next time, but at least I love the colours combination of pilippienense and there is a roebelenii still to come...

Latest posts

Back