Paphiopedilum philippinense roebelinii

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very attractive flowers with long dark twisted petals. 👌
Finally a spike and guess what I did?!!? I broke off the second flower moving it to take pics.

Silly me… I swore so much lol......
I think, I heard you swear until the Caribbean where I was at that time.

4. Staminode on philippinense has green veinings while no green veins on roebeliniis
Leslie, here we are on the same point as we were with counting spots on the pouch of Paph. godefroyae var. leucochilum. You can also read in other publications ....staminodal shield lacks green markings..... So does mean .... lacks green markings..... or how you wrote ....no green markings.... the absense of green markings at all .... what I think, or does it mean there could be light or faint green markings ....how you wrote and what I don't think ?
With regard to that trait I have doubts yours to be var. roebellenii.

Last edited:
Very attractive flowers with long dark twisted petals. 👌

I think, I heard you swear until the Caribbean where I was at that time.

Leslie, here we are on the same point as we were with counting spots on the pouch of Paph. godefroyae var. leucochilum. You can also read in other publications ....staminodal shield lacks green markings..... So does mean .... lacks green markings..... or how you wrote ....no green markings.... the absense of green markings at all .... what I think, or does it mean there could be light or faint green markings ....how you wrote and what I don't think ?
With regard to that trait I have doubts yours to be var. roebellenii.
I think the correct definition is more like no deep green veinings like the type philippinense.

This flower of mine does have very very light green peridot veins but not the deep emerald green of the type form.

Latest posts

Back