Paphiopedilum philippinense 'Mercury' SM/TPS

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Plantinmybag

Reaction score
Just got 4 Paphiopedilum philippinense 'Mercury' SM/TPS. Can anyone shed some light if are these varieties that are these compact or do they tend to grow bigger? I was told these are blooming size.

Attachments

• 199664153_781976345798232_7518293087842400865_n.jpg
    199664153_781976345798232_7518293087842400865_n.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 46
I think they will be 'X self'. They look very chunky but probably standard sized phillies so will get a little bigger.
Oh interesting, was initially wondering if its a variety of a more compact form of phil. But yea, am hoping to find varieties that are more compact to grow in a small asian high rise apartment haha.

There are smaller varieties of P. philippinense but if these are 'normal ones' they are not blooming size but near blooming size and will need another one or two years. Good luck !

There are smaller varieties of P. philippinense but if these are 'normal ones' they are not blooming size but near blooming size and will need another one or two years. Good luck !

Thank you for the reply. Mind sharing with me some smaller varieties of the philippinense? I only know the regular ones and the palawan variety. I don't come across paphs very often in my country. I was indeed abit shock when I was told these were blooming size as they are very small but I wasn't sure if it was just the genes of that variety or they were indeed non blooming size.

....... I was indeed abit shock when I was told these were blooming size as they are very small but I wasn't sure if it was just the genes of that variety or they were indeed non blooming size.

'This/these plant(s) is/are blooming size' - is a good argument for sellers and so they use it very generously......at least in my eyes and experiences.

Back