Paphiopedilum philippinense laevigatum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrhappyrotter

Grand Chupacabra
Reaction score
Four flowers on the spike. Pretty good color. It's likely not award quality but I like it. I grow this bright. It's a small multifloral, very manageable under lights (until in bloom). It was sold to me as blooming size many years ago, but it's only been in the past several years that it's actually started blooming for me. The petals on the older flowers are still twisting and twirling so they look a bit crooked this morning.

I thought the petal stance of the newly opening flower was really cute, like it's praying.

I say a little prayer for you...

dwzhlPll.jpg

788876Fl.jpg

anYelqEl.jpg

Full Album

I like the shoulders if it keeps like it, I mist my multi floral petals with ro water keeps them growing and from drying out, very nice phillie!!!

Hey all. This has been in bloom for a bit and all the flowers have been open for a while. I'm just posting an update since it was requested. Here's what the spike looks like fully open. It's adorable and the flowers are beautiful!

KeYVCGAl.jpg

wSocE4rl.jpg

8U60PCCl.jpg

Album

Thanks for updating, very nice flowers with a good Twist of the petals!
My Phil and Phil palawense are just starting 3 Spikes...
Michael

Very nice phillie! A beautiful display, when all flowers are fully open!

It was sold to me as blooming size many years ago, but it's only been in the past several years that it's actually started blooming for me.

Yes, there is blooming size and Blooming Size...most often it means near blooming size (unless the plant already have previously bloomed)! "Near blooming size 1-2 years" in my book often means 3-4 years, not that I mind, if the plant is a good one, and the price reasonable. In this respect quite a few orchids vendors seem to have not just a little bit in common with the proverbial real estate broker :cool: After a while one gets to know ones orchid pushers...and adjust expectations accordingly! ;)

Kind regards,
Jens

Latest posts

Back