Paphiopedilum philippinense album

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The pattern of the thick green veining in the dorsal is interesting. Is the lower petal supposed to split like that? I thought they were usually fused together.

Beautiful! It has a good twist of the petals. Will be interesting if the split synsepalum will carry on next blooming.

looking for other smarties to chime in...

but looks like the smaller plant variety of phil alba - laevigatum aureum ?

ok just to start some self correction... forget that note above... ;-)

i see 2 albinistic phillies.. in various shades of acceptance..

Forma Alboflavum (from Guido's most recent tome) and var. compactum aureoviride ... that second one was the one i was thinking... laevigatum was an old synonym for phil...

@ORD may have some good things to help us with here... btw - my friend Mr Google turned up this conversation at the AOS about an awarded plant back in 2016

ok just to start some self correction... forget that note above... ;-)

i see 2 albinistic phillies.. in various shades of acceptance..

Forma Alboflavum (from Guido's most recent tome) and var. compactum aureoviride ... that second one was the one i was thinking... laevigatum was an old synonym for phil...

@ORD may have some good things to help us with here... btw - my friend Mr Google turned up this conversation at the AOS about an awarded plant back in 2016
Thank you for your explanations. I wonder why the synsepalum is split.

Latest posts

Back