Paphiopedilum parishii

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vandacee

Reaction score
Paphiopedilum parishii

parishii1.jpg

Beautifull! And the flowers seem quite large and with very broad petals? May we see the plant in toto?

nice dark petals...too bad you staked it...takes away the natural form of the inflorescence

This is my second parishii and its first flowering. I staked it because the flowers were badly positioned and had little space between them.

parishii2.jpg

My first parishii, which flowered in 2017, is better : http://www.slippertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44484

parishii10.jpg

This is a really lovely species and great flowers. The petals are so dark!

I'm looking forward to seeing photos from when this blooms again. I assume the lip indentation is just a fluke, and I bet it will produce lots more flowers per spike once it has some maturity.

Ok. Thanks. Maybe one day.
Do you grow it like other Paphs?
I think one thing that discouraged me from trying this species, other than being uncommon and a bit pricy, the habitat info says they don't like heat.
How much light do you give this plant?

Ok. Thanks. Maybe one day.
Do you grow it like other Paphs?
I think one thing that discouraged me from trying this species, other than being uncommon and a bit pricy, the habitat info says they don't like heat.
How much light do you give this plant?

William Cavestro in a book in French on paphiopedilum says this about parishii :
" This species is found in eastern and northeastern Burma, Thailand and southwest China, at an altitude of 1200-1220 m. It grows especially in Thailand on Terminalia alata at 1.50-5 m from the ground. This region experiences the monsoon from May to October with cooler temperatures in winter. The temperature in winter can drop a few degrees below 0° C. However, in April the temperature rises to over 35° C. "

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

In my greenhouse, temperatures at the moment can rise to 33° C and Parishi enjoys good light. In winter, the minimum temperature in winter at night is 12/13° C.

Latest posts

Back