Paphiopedilum parishii ‘Seven BridesMaids’

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Leslie, your parishii is gorgeous! you don't need to bother with equipment, the plant itself does the trick...
It is difficult to get the right light especially for albums; I always have to deal with purple growlights, which give albums always a candylike touch... anoying.
BTW the brown spots on the pouches is that normal wilting or some pest problem?
Thanks Musa.

The brown spots are from water spotting as well as aging.

They always really pop on a black background, so that's all I bother with nowadays. But my set up is not sophisticated and I use an iPhone X to photo. I do use a daylight bulb, though which makes a difference.
I like to use different background colors to add a different context to the subject. More of an art, rather than documentation. Although I do know more preference is given to a dark background from most people as it focuses only on the flowers and their appreciation.

Roth albums are about as common as unicorns!
I wouldn’t be surprised if someone isn’t already introgressing the album genes from philippinense into a roth to eventually produce something very like a roth album. It would take a few generations but is eminently doable,
David

Roth albums are about as common as unicorns!
I wouldn’t be surprised if someone isn’t already introgressing the album genes from philippinense into a roth to eventually produce something very like a roth album. It would take a few generations but is eminently doable,
David
Apparently the possibility of a roth album isn’t out of the question by several Paph experts. Like most paphs that have album/viride versions, there may be a roth album lurking in the wilds somewhere. Or inadvertently massacred during collecting in the past. It may turn up one day.

This is like the story of a parishii album. It’s around but no one has seen it.

Latest posts

Back