Paphiopedilum orchids in the post

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kate Boyce-Miles

Reaction score
I have been waiting for a delivery of orchids from abroad for over two weeks now. They are mostly Paphiopedilums. What is the maximum amount of time they can last in the post?

I put a plant into the USPS system Mon. 5/3 at 1:50PM bound from Mich. to Delaware and gave me an expected delivery date of Thurs. 5/6. According to tracking info it arrived at the Wilmington Regional Distribution Center at 1:45AM on 5/5. It's been sitting there ever since awaiting delivery to my customer who, according to Google Maps, lives 16M away. Tracking now says "Your package will arrive later than expected but is still on its way. It is currently in transit to the next facility." Checked with my local PO this morning and they confirmed the tracking info but had no explaination as to why it hasn't been delivered yet. So much for Priority 2-Day mail.

I put a plant into the USPS system Mon. 5/3 at 1:50PM bound from Mich. to Delaware and gave me an expected delivery date of Thurs. 5/6. According to tracking info it arrived at the Wilmington Regional Distribution Center at 1:45AM on 5/5. It's been sitting there ever since awaiting delivery to my customer who, according to Google Maps, lives 16M away. Tracking now says "Your package will arrive later than expected but is still on its way. It is currently in transit to the next facility." Checked with my local PO this morning and they confirmed the tracking info but had no explaination as to why it hasn't been delivered yet. So much for Priority 2-Day mail.
Did the orchids reach their destination?

Not yet. Depending on which I believe, at 7:00AM this morning tracking said it left the Distribution Center May 9 @ 12:43 AM. At noon it said it left the Distribution Center May 9 @ 10:45AM. Around 3:00PM it said that it left the Distribution Center May 9 @ 11:37AM with the message "Your item is currently in transit to the destination." Can't wait to see what it says tomorrow!

Not yet. Depending on which I believe, at 7:00AM this morning tracking said it left the Distribution Center May 9 @ 12:43 AM. At noon it said it left the Distribution Center May 9 @ 10:45AM. Around 3:00PM it said that it left the Distribution Center May 9 @ 11:37AM with the message "Your item is currently in transit to the destination." Can't wait to see what it says tomorrow!
I understand the feeling, waiting for post (especially with live plants) make me more anxious as the days go by and I end up not being able to think of much else. It feels like a Christmas present when they arrive though ☺ (if they are in reasonable condition that is). Hopefully the plants will reach their destination tomorrow.

Latest posts

Back