Paphiopedilum Norito Hasegawa 'Ruffled Sun Basket'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrhappyrotter

Grand Chupacabra
Reaction score
Paphiopedilum malipoense x Paphiopedilum armeniacum

Oh my god Becky, look at those petals. This came from Happypaphy7.

I posted this plant's sibling not too long ago. The sibling took over a year to develop its spike and 2 small flowers. This plant has been a cheetah in comparison. It's taken maybe 4 - 5 months max since I first saw signs of a spike. In addition to the speed of development, this single flower is much larger than the flowers of its sibling.

This is the type of outcome I've been hoping to get from this cross. It's a little wonky, probably due to being a first bloom, single growth seedling. However, wonkiness aside, it's a great flower. It's quite large and those petals ... They have so much tessellation, which I love. And the ruffled edges are quite unique. I don't know if that's going to be a stable trait, and I don't know how the AOS would feel about them from a judging perspective, but I think they're great!

The flower isn't fragrant, but I suppose you can't have everything.

TkFwTOtl.jpg

YJyBDBll.jpg

uYJntzVl.jpg

i3vJ83Il.jpg

soO3AOcl.jpg

IusDRPwl.jpg

uDfoa45l.jpg

Album

It has character with those petals! Overall nice I'd say! I also like the neatly packed leaves.
By the way, I have bloomed a few of this hybrid over the years and I have not come across any that was fragrant.

I have two in bud at the moment. Lovely hybrid! :)

Latest posts

Back