Paphiopedilum NOID

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with Emydura that is can be Yang-Ji Apple (phillippense x anitum). The great thing about this hybrid are the long petals, which is longer at 20 cm that the average median petal length of either species at 16 cm.

I agree with Emydura that is can be Yang-Ji Apple (phillippense x anitum). The great thing about this hybrid are the long petals, which is longer at 20 cm that the average median petal length of either species at 16 cm.

I agree. Anitum is amazing at imparting long petals in its hybrids. There is an awarded Yang-Ji Apple from Taiwan that had 26cm petals. That is the longest I have seen.

I grow only the small/compact plants, but if I ever found one like this (that would fit my budget), I’d have to get it!!! Colors are glorious to my old, old eyes!

WOW i like that a lot....

@emydura , @DrLeslieEe
For folks that have seen many Yang-ji Apples ... do these typically retain a robellini like lip coloration form the philippinense parent?
Yes they all have the yellow lip in this cross (as much as I’ve seen), a dominant feature of phils in some hybrids (but not all).

The black spotted/lines in dorsal petal inherited from anitum and the yellow puch similar to that from phillipinense make a special chromatic mixin.

Latest posts

Back